Do you suffer from foot pain? It could be Plantar Fasciitis.
Plantar fasciitis is a form of heal pain. Possible causes are flat feet or a weak foot arch which can be contributed with age and weight gain, standing for too long, shoes which provide little support, and also inactivity.
Typical symptoms are: pain under your heal or in your foot arch in the morning or after resting. The pain is usually worse with the first few steps and may improve and become dull with activity as it warms up.
Common recommendations for Plantar Fasciitis:
- “Contrasting” your legs and feet with hot and cold water
Advice: ice and elevation or cold water foot bath for 10 mins 2x day
- Know your stretches
– Conventional standing calf stretches (bent knee and straight knee)
– Foot arch or plantar fascia stretching
- Trigger point massage for your feet, shins & calves
– Where there is pain and tenderness; massage
– Use roller on calves
- Friction massage the plantar fascia
– not for the acute stage
Please consult your healthcare professional.